Bathsheba

I received this book for free in exchange for my review. Thank you so much Bethany House Publishers. 

A Vivid and Moving Portrait of a Reluctant Queen

After sending his army to besiege another king's capital, King David forces himself on Bathsheba, a loyal soldier's wife. When her resulting pregnancy forces the king to murder her husband and add her to his harem, Bathsheba struggles to protect her son while dealing with the effects of a dark prophecy and deadly curse on the king's household.

Combining historical facts with detailed fiction, Angela Hunt paints a realistic portrait of the beautiful woman who struggled to survive the dire results of divine judgment on a king with a divided heart.

Angela Hunt is a brilliant story-teller because she has taken a woman that we didn't know too much about and shown us life through her eyes. What it must have been like to be married to King David? I can't even begin to put myself in Bathsheba's shoes. To have that much faith especially when the man killed your husband so that he didn't have to explain that you were now with child from the affair that he had with you. 

The cover is beyond GORGEOUS! I can imagine that Bathsheba would have looked similar to that in person. Bathsheba had to protect Solomon during a very hard and scary time for Israel. She did the best that she could given the resources she had. I couldn't even begin to imagine what it was like to be in a harem just waiting on the few nights that the King would want you. 

This is the second book that I have acquired by Angela Hunt because my sister brought me Esther due to my love of Esther. Bathsheba was always my sister's favorite other than Rehab. Lust is a very powerful thing so therefore, we need to make sure daily that we take every thought to Jesus Christ....Our Savior. 

Thank you so much Angela Hunt for an amazing book. Can't wait to see what you come up with next. :) 

Until next time,

The Traveling Gypsy 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Murder on the Moor by Julianna Deering

Who's your Anchor?

The Prince of Spies by Elizabeth Camden