Holidays of the Heart by Darlene Franklin





Thoughts on Darlene Franklin:


She is a talented writer who has a lot to say in her books/stories. Telling a story with complicated characters, story lines and keeping the reader interested is definitely a talent and some writers/authors have a hard time engaging their audience. That is not the case with Darlene Franklin. This was DEFINITELY my favorite out of the five stories. 




My Candy Valentine


I completely adored this story. Gilbert has to be my favorite by far especially when he comes up with an excuse to go and see the lovely Catrina. He just reminds me that love is definitely worth it when you find the right person. I loved how this was centered around candies. His proposal in the end was such a unique way to propose. I felt my heart run away with the characters in this story. 



Love's Glory



This was a fast read but that doesn't mean it didn't leave footprints on the heart. I grew up with my father in the military. He served in the U.S. Navy for 17 years so most of my young life he was gone. It was heart but thank God for having my mom who really looked out for us girls. It made the times daddy was home special and we cherished them when we were together. This is a cute story about Beth and Garan. I thought it was sweet that Darlene dedicated this story to her son. Garan.....what a unique name. :) 



Tobogganing for Two


Dr. Jay was definitely a favorite character because he had a lot to him. I loved that he not only did his job but that he truly seemed to care about his patients. Laura, you knew that she was taken by him because of how cute he was. I loved how Minnie played Matchmaker though I personally can't stand when people do this due to my turning into a blushing tomato face. LOL. 




Christmas Visitors


This story touched my heart because it deals with learning how to forgive, Christmas, hope and miracles. God has a way of working in our mist even if we do not realize it right away. I love how love wins over in the hearts of Alex and Cora. I mean, could you imagine all that these characters have gone through? Darlene wrote a very compelling story. 




Angel in Disguise


Rosie is such a pretty name. :) I love that Darlene challenged herself with a character who has been in trouble with the law. I think writing such characters sometimes help you to grow and stretch as a writer. It shows you different points of view. I adore that Rosie loves to help people despite her past and that she learns a lot from her neighbors. Owen does well in teaching Rosie more about the bible and how to apply it to everyday life. I felt that this story was a little too short and could have used a few more chapters to tie up lose ends. 



Here below I am including who I can see playing each character. :) I love to give people ideas. I understand you may not agree but isn't it fun to see who people envision?


Until next time,


The Traveling Gypsy




Gilbert Williams



Catrina Johnson



Garan...



Beth


Dr. Jay



Laura



Alex



Cora



Rosie



Owen


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Murder on the Moor by Julianna Deering

Who's your Anchor?

The Prince of Spies by Elizabeth Camden