Holding The Fort by Regina Jennings

I recieved this book free from Regina Jennings because I am on her street team. However, this DOES NOT influence my rating or review in any way. 



From the back of the book:

Louisa Bell never wanted to be a dance-hall singer, but dire circumstances force her hand. With a little help from her brother in the cavalry, she's able to make ends meet, but lately he's run afoul of his commanding officer, so she undertakes a visit to straighten him out. 

Major Daniel Adams has his hands full at Fort Reno. He can barely control his rowdy troops, much less his two adolescent daughters. If Daniel doesn't find someone respectable to guide his children, his mother-in-law insists she'll take them.

When Louisa arrives with some reading materials, she's mistaken for the governess who never appeared. Major Adams is skeptical. She bears little resemblance to his idea of a governess--they're not supposed to be so blamed pretty--but he's left without recourse. His mother-in-law must be satisfied, which leaves him turning a blind eye to his unconventional governess's methods. Louisa's never faced so important a performance. Can she keep her act together long enough?



My thoughts on Regina Jennings: 

I absolutely love Regina Jennings as a writer. She takes important issues and talks about them within the confines of book pages. She creates lively characters and beloved romance scenes while incorporating faith into the story without being overbearing. Regina Jennings writes with passion from the heart. She intertwines history while making it seem like a new adventure every time. 


My thoughts on Holding The Fort:

This book is very well written. The history and the timeline go together like a married couple. I love that she played with the idea of a dance hall singer because most people tend to only focus on the action hero which would be Daniel Adams in this case. So to do this, gives other people perspective and that you can write about any role really. 

This book is not my favorite out of the many that Regina Jennings has written but I think that is because I am not one for midwest cowboys and indians, let along forts unless I get to see them in person. Its just hard for me to imagine all that was going on in this story. I LOVE Regina's writing style and characters but the book just wasn't my cup of tea. I still rate this a 4 out of 5 though because those who love HISTORY, will eat this up like its Chocolate. 


Where to buy:

https://www.amazon.com/Holding-Fort-Reno-Regina-Jennings/dp/076421893X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1515076389&sr=8-1&keywords=holding+the+fort+by+regina+jennings


Here are the people I can see playing Regina's Characters:



Caroline


Daisy


Daniel


Louisa Bell


Until next time-

The Traveling Gypsy



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Murder on the Moor by Julianna Deering

Who's your Anchor?

The Prince of Spies by Elizabeth Camden